Pages in this Section
- Sporting News
- Exploring Early Childhood
- P.A.S.S. (Stage 5)
- Child Studies
- Sport, Lifestyle, & Recreation
Personal Development, Health, Physical Education Faculty
The dedicated Personal Development, Health, Physical Education (PD/H/PE) Faculty at Kelso High Campus provides a physical education curriculum that enables young people to discover and build on their strengths and to use their talents to help define their identity.
Sport and activity is a valued and accepted part of our curriculum, contributing to the development of the whole child. It provides a vehicle for social, physical, emotional and moral learning and is an import part of the Kelso High Campus culture.
Kelso High is also proud to have supported a range of highly successful athletes. The school has traditionally achieved outstanding success in soccer, hockey and volleyball. Individually there have been numerous NSW and National representatives.
Kelso High Campus has a range of facilities in which students can access quality teaching and learning in well-equipped environments. These include:
- A gymnasium
- Two large multi-use outdoor caged areas
- Indoor and outdoor basketball courts
- A covered outdoor learning area
- The oval
- A fitness suite (including stationary bikes, rowing machines, a cross trainer and weights)
- A large range of indoor and outdoor sporting equipment
- Table tennis facilities
- Changing rooms
- Smart board facilities in most classrooms
- A portable laptop station
- Team sports uniforms
School Sport is compulsory for all students in Years 8 to 10 and is held every Wednesday during periods 3 and 4 (12.03-2.03pm). These activities include training for school sporting teams, sports, recreational activities, fitness and leisure activities. Kelso High Campus caters for all types of sporting students, from traditional sports through to the less common sports in Australia. More information on School Sport can be found in the Sport section of our website.
Three sports carnivals are held during the school year. These are Swimming, Athletics and Cross Country. Competitors who achieve a certain standard are given the opportunity to represent Kelso High in the next stage of competition. These sports carnivals are always a fantastic day together as a school community.
Students also have the opportunity to:
- Train and gain selection in School, Area and NSW CHS sporting teams
- Represent Kelso High Campus at inter-school sports competitions coordinated by the School Sport Associations.
- Enter teams into NSW CHS knockout competitions
- Participate in Gala days, Blayney Cup and CKC Cup.
- Participate in lunchtime sporting competitions.
Apart from the excellent extra-curricular opportunities mentioned above, students are encouraged to apply the skills they have learnt in class and use them try out for school teams and community sports teams.
Kelso High Campus Volleyball program is very well established with many students participating in regular school based training and competing in local and inter-state competitions. Many students have gone on to represent regional and state volleyball teams.
Students are also given the opportunity to participate in community projects such as the Race for Life, Life Saving, Jump Rope for Heart and wheelchair basketball.